HOW TO MAKE A DR. BACON BREAKFAST FATTY
Recipe courtesy of “G” at https://www.instagram.com/idsmokethat_bbq/
Necessary Supplies and Instruments
- One lb. thin cut bacon
- One lb. breakfast style pork sausage
- Five Large Eggs
- One cup of Mexican three or four cheese blend
- ½ onion (white or yellow)
- ½ green bell pepper
- DR. BACON O.G. Spice Rub
- Parchment paper
- Pellet grill or BBQ grill
Prepping the Filler
- Chop and sauté the onion and bell pepper.
- Add eggs to the onion and bell pepper mixture and scramble.
- Salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
Build the Bacon Weave
- Lay 6 pieces of bacon side by side (touching) on parchment paper.
- Weave another six pieces of bacon across the bottom six pieces.
- Make sure your bacon weave is tight.
Packing the Fatty
- Spread the breakfast sausage evenly across the bacon weave, ensuring the sausage extends to the edges of the bacon weave.
- Add the scrambled egg filler evenly across the sausage.
- Spread the shredded cheese evenly across the top of the eggs.
- Add a light coating of DR. BACON O.G Spice Rub.
Rolling the Fatty
- Carefully lift the parchment paper up on one end and roll the bacon weave up tightly to form what looks like a burrito.
- Tuck the ends of the bacon into the side of the breakfast fatty to secure the filling.
- Coat all sides with DR. BACON O.G. Spice Rub.
Cooking the Fatty
- Set smoker/ grill to 275°.
- Cook for 90 minutes or until internal temp hits 160°.
- Remove the breakfast fatty from the grill and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice into 1” thick slices.
If you love this recipe, share with friends and contribute your own ideas or comments below!